Trade shows are a networking gold mine. They offer an excellent opportunity to show off your business and feature all your latest devices and medical carts. In the heat of getting everything ready, it can be easy for something to fall through the cracks, which is why we’ve put together a quick guide for your next trade show.
How is your custom cart getting there?
It’s important to have a plan in place regarding the logistics of your trade show equipment. Finding a safe way to transfer your custom medical cart can be tricky depending on its size. If it’s small enough, you may want to consider having it flat packed and shipped to the hotel you’re planning on staying at. If you do choose to go the flat pack route, double check that you have the assembly instructions, all necessary tools and that you know how to assemble and disassemble the cart.
If flat packing just isn’t going to work, we highly suggest investing in custom packaging or a customized crate – especially if you plan on taking your cart to multiple shows. This minimizes the risk of damage to your custom medical cart. If you do go with the custom crate option, we have a few additional suggestions to keep in mind:
- Install a ramp in your crate for easier cart access
- Paint your crate a bold color, preferably one that suits your company’s branding; this will make it easier to find your crate at the trade show
- Put a rubber mat on the floor of your crate for shock absorbance
- Optimize the space in your crate for assembly tools, touch-up paint, chairs, a portable booth and anything else you might need for your trade show.
- Design your crates to be double-stacked because, quite frankly, it’s going to happen whether you intend it to or not
Be prepared for some last minute touch ups
We’re going to be honest with you. Your trade show cart is bound to get a little beat up at some point, so it’s always best to have spare fasteners, touch-up paint and tools at the ready. You’ll also want some cleaning supplies on hand. We highly recommend using magic erasers for minor scuffs and other miscellaneous marks. Lastly, make sure your cart’s casters are clean before rolling it into your booth. These little details go a long way in presenting a successful and well-maintained trade show booth.
HUI specializes in engineering and producing custom medical carts you can proudly display at any trade show. If you have any further questions regarding medical cart design or have a project in mind, contact us today.